I received the Olight S30R III from Olightstore.com for the review
Specs for the S30R III
- One customized 3500mAh 18650 battery included providing a maximum output up to 1050 lumens
- Utilizes a smooth aluminum reflector which provides an improved beam focus for medium and close-range illumination paired with a hardened glass lens that is coated allowing for a 99% light transmission rate
- The S30R III is shorter by 3mm in length, reaching 114mm than the previous S30RII
- Magnetic tail cap that allows it to be secured to ferrous metal surfaces for hands free work
- New USB desktop charging dock provided. This flashlight also has a charging port that is compatible with Olight magnetic charging cables which can be used for charging on the go
- Low power and Lockout indicator under the side switch. When the battery voltage is running low (below 3.1V) or when the flashlight is locked out and being clicked, it will glow red
- Thermal management program to protect the users’ hand and flashlight from heat. The 1050 lumen turbo mode will stay on for two minutes before stepping down to the 500 lumen high mode within one minute.
- Direct access to turbo mode: when the flashlight is off and not under lockout mode, double click to activate the turbo mode
- Timer function: long timer (9 minutes) and short timer (3 minutes)
- Flashlight (with stainless steel clip)
- Customized 3500mAh 3.6V 18650 battery (included in the flashlight)
- Lanyard with Perforating Tool
- 4.2V 1000mAh Desktop Charging Dock
- 50cm Micro-USB Cable
- Instruction Manual
When the light is on, a long click cycles through moonlight, low, medium and high, in cycle.
A double click will turn on the light at turbo mode.
From off, a long click turns the light on at moonlight mode.
To activate the electronic lockout, when the light is off keep pressed the switch until the light turns on into moonlight and finally turns off. Now if you click the switch, the light will briefly flash at moonlight. To remove the electronic lockout, keep pressed the switch until the light turns on constantly.
A triple click will give you access to strobe mode.
The light has memory mode for the constant output modes (turbo is memorized as high).
The S30R features also a timer mode. At any level, press twice and keep pressed the switch to activate the timer. A single click will set the timer at 3 minutes, a double click at 9 minutes. After the time is up, the light will turn off.
When the battery is running low, a red LED under the switch will turn on.
The charge with the magnetic base works only with Olight proprietary batteries.
To charge the light simply rest the tailcap on the metal surface.
The base has a led that is red when charging, and green when charged.
Built and finishes are as you would expect from Olight. The S30R III is another addition to the Olight flashlight series, and as a model of the SX0R serie, it has a traditional reflector, while the SXR series has a TIR optic.
Another difference, is that the SXR lights have a small magnetic charging base, while the SX0R lights have a bigger magnetic base, with suction cups and that can work as an extension for the USB cable.
The charging base is easy to use. Just rest the tailcap on the metal surface and the charging starts. You can send data and charge other devices while you are charging the light (if your power supply is strong enough). The 1A charge for the 18650 means a relatively fast charge.
I’d like to see this light come in NW tint and with a XP-L or XP-L Hi emitter.
Thanks to: AntoLed for the camera and luxmeter